Saturday Social at Cleophus Quealy
Saturday Socials are our way of giving back to the community that so enthusiastically supports us. On the second Saturday of every month, we'll join forces with a local non-profit organization to raise both funds and awareness for their efforts to make the Bay Area a better place. We invite our friends, neighbors, and beer lovers from all around to join us in having a great time for a great cause.
On Saturday, July 8th we're throwing a summer Saturday Social extravaganza! This family-friendly bash will benefit the San Leandro Education Foundation and their ongoing efforts to provide the best education possible for San Leandro children. SLED believes that when a child succeeds we all succeed, and works to ensure that all kids in San Leandro have a fair shot at a prosperous future.
We invite you to join us in celebrating SLED's work with a day of delicious food by Canasta Kitchen, games, festivities, and of course, tasty brews. We're releasing Puncheon Party for the occasion, a pale ale with tangerine and lime peels fermented in a giant wine barrel (called a puncheon) with wild yeast.
We're also hosting a pie making contest to be judged by a panel of experts, and invite all home bakers and dessert dilettantes to show off your skills. Bring your finest culinary creation for tasting, and yes, there will definitely be prizes! (Judging time TBD)
Roughly 7 in 10 San Leandro families struggle to make ends meet, and while every parent wants to provide the best education for their child, not all parents have access to the resources needed. SLED provides additional support to local students and families, their efforts including:
- Outdoor Science Camperships for 455 of San Leandro's most disadvantaged 5th graders
- Summer School math coaches for over 500 middle school students looking to get a jump on math
- Teacher mini-grants for project-based learning
- Season of Service, Period of Peace movement that aims to empower middle and high-school students with non-violent solutions
- Pilot STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program to nurture STEM-related interests and career goals
How it Works
We do things a little different during Saturday Socials. Please keep in mind that this event is a benefit for local non-profit organizations, so we've tailored the event to better support our non-profit partner.
- For $20, you'll receive a Cleophus Quealy mason jar plus two tokens for full beers at the bar, and make a donation to our non-profit partner. You're welcome and encouraged to bring your CQ mason jar back to future Saturday Socials. Menagerie members, you can bring this year's or last year's glasses instead of purchasing a mason jar. Cleophus Quealy branded glassware MUST be used for the duration of the event. A portion of all mason jar and token sales will also be donated to the featured non-profit organization.
- Tokens for additional beers can be purchased at $5 each. (Menagerie discount will apply!)
- Children, dogs, and well-behaved adults are all welcome!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Cheers!